Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

There is exactly one hour and 17 minutes left in the first day of 2011 and I should be in bed, but I CANNOT let the day go by without just a little blogging! :)  After all, it's only 1-1-11 once, right?!  I'll just ask the Sophomores to forgive my drooping eyes as I present the gospel in their Sunday School class tomorrow! :)

Anyway, when I think about the potential for 2011, it is quite overwhelming!  I'm not much of a NY resolution kinda girl...I never have been and the years that I've thought maybe I was, I broke my resolution within a couple of weeks!  What I have found is that life is WAY TOO unpredictable to think I know what I will do better, lose more of, etc. etc. for an entire year!  That's a lot of days, people! 

The fact is, when I think of all the things that could happen in 2011, there are SO MANY UNKNOWNS!  Will I have the same job?  Drive the same car?  Have the same size family?  Have the same friends?  Live in the same place?  The questions could go on and on, but the fact is, I have no idea!!  Some of these things I sure hope are the same (for example, I better still be driving my new-to-me van in one year!) and some of them I hope are different (I hope we increase our family by 33.3% by the end of next year). 

But the fact is, all of these questions (and more!) are things I cannot know the answer to and that's part of the fun.  Because, let's face it, when I realize that I have NO CONTROL over my life situations, I have to realize that GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL!  He knows exactly what my life will look like in one year from now and He allows me to take this journey with Him.  How amazing is that?!

I read a blog post that kicked my tail by Missy over at It's Almost Naptime.  I wanted to share it, cuz I think we can all use a little tail-whippin' sometimes! http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2011/01/crazy-in-2011.html

No comments:

Post a Comment