Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dear Tooth Fairy

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I wanted to tell you the story of losing my first two teeth.  I really didn't want to let them go.  I mean, they have been good to me for five years now. 

Now, I'll admit, when they entered my life mouth, I was a little cranky.  It hurt a little and I was a little fussy (my parents were not used to that), but soon I discovered that having them meant some great things for my little 8-month-old self.  First of all, I could start eating some real food...not that pureed junk, but real little pieces of food.  Those two teeth allowed me to really enjoy my first Thanksgiving!  I also found that they were a great weapon, although, I quickly learned that was NOT the reason God gave them to me!!

So, when I discovered something that had been such a big part of me was going to go away, it was a mix of emotions.  I was sad that I was going to lose something, excited that I was going to get new teeth, and, quite frankly, scared that it would hurt when they came out.  OK, that last one is an understatement...I was REALLYscared!!  Looking back, maybe, just maybe, I was scared for no reason.  I mean, my daddy did have to hold me down while my mommy tied some floss around my tooth.  And, they did try to calmly talk to me about pulling it for about two weeks.  And, I did scream really loud when Mommy tried to pull it the night before.  And, I did cry about it...a lot!  Hmm...maybe I overreacted.  Oops!

But, guess what?!  It didn't even hurt.  I was still a little freaked out about the blood...ewww! I do not think I'm going to be a dentist!  But, over all, it wasn't near as bad as I expected.  AND, two days later, we did the same thing for my second tooth.  It was much better once I knew what to expect!

Melia after losing her first tooth, October 3rd, 2010.

Melia after losing her second tooth, October 5th, 2010.
The moral of the story, Ms. Fairy, is that I am growing up.  And sometimes that means I have to overcome my fears.  And sometimes that means I have to trust.  I know that God put my Mommy and Daddy in my life to love me and protect me and take care of me.  I also know He wants what is best for me.  Did you know He even told me about how He will take care of me in His Book?  Yep...several times.  There are even some songs in there that talk about it.  One of them is:

Psalm 5:11-
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;

let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Cool, huh?  Until next time,

Melia :)

P.S.  Thanks for the 2 quarters!

No comments:

Post a Comment