Saturday, October 15, 2011

He's Got the Little Tiny Baby in His Hands...


Since last June, I have had a distinct feeling that our child is currently in an orphanage. 

It happened when our agency's Ethiopia director, Sharon, visited Ethiopia and reported that she had seen children on her visit that would be referred to families on our waiting list.  I'm not really sure why, but for some reason, I just really felt like she had seen our child.

We were number 16 then and we are number 16 now {4 months later} but I still just really believe that the feeling I felt in June was for a reason.

Now, this belief has certainly not made this lull in referrals any easier, and to say I have struggled with the idea would be a mild way to put it.  But, the thought that has sustained me comes from a simple child's Sunday School song:

He's got the whole world in His hands, 

He's got the whole world in His hands, 
He's got the whole world in His hands, 
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the little bitty baby in His hands,
He's got the little bitty baby in His hands,
He's got the little bitty baby in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

 So thankful that He's holding our child while he/she is waiting to come home!






1 comment:

  1. Teary.... The wait is SO agonizing!!! I'm praying it's soon and that His peace will fill you until it's time!!!!

    We have a great book about Him having the whole world in His hands told from the standpoint of an adorable Black boy, I'll have to get the title for you. :)

    ReplyDelete