Friday, August 19, 2011

The Office

When I was working in the Junior High, I had a su-weet office.  The building was brand new and I was on the second floor in a ginormous office that we lovingly referred to as "The Penthouse Suite".  It had an Inner and an Outer space {both equally large} and a testing closet.  Seriously, it was a great space!

So, in taking my new position, I knew I was downgrading a bit in the space department...and the newness department...and the factthatIhadawindow department.  In fact, everyone that I talked to referred to my new office as "The Closet".  And, indeed, it is far from my penthouse.

BUT, I took the new space as a challenge and used it as a clean slate to showcase some craftiness.  So, without further ado,

THE closet SHABBY CHIC OFFICE

Before
Blank Wall

After
The Feelings Wall
Photobucket

Before
The Empty Bulletin Board Wall

After
The Office Supply Station atop the Desktop Hutch
 
Photobucket
Photobucket

Before
The Built-In Bookshelves


After
The Beautifully Organized Counseling Library

Photobucket

Custom made curtains hide less-asthetically pleasing materials {aka storage!}
Photobucket
For this storage solution, I used copy paper boxes, my cricut, scrapbook paper {for the sides and the front labels}, spray adhesive, and Mod Podge.
Photobucket

Each counseling topic has a home! :)
Photobucket

I found these cute little metal and plastic wicker chairs with cushions in the "attic" storage area.  They were forest green with southwestern print cushions before I got ahold of them!!  Buahaha!
Photobucket

Perfect little chairs for 4th and 5th graders
Photobucket

I made a few little rosettes to tie in the clock {which sets on top of the desk that my awesome hubby painted off-white for me}...
Photobucket

...and the mirror.
Photobucket

So, yes, it's a little more snug than my previous office, but I really love it.  Though the JH office was super nice, I think this one is just more "me". :)





P.S. Notice my high-tech additions?  Now you can "Like" my posts {an easy way to make a comment without having to make a comment...unless you want to make a comment, which I LOVE!!} and, you can follow me on Pinterest!  Just click the button on my sidebar.  Not on Pinterest?  Well, it's time, my friend...comment with your E-mail and I'll send you an invite! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it so much! Want to make a trip to OKC and help me give my classroom some cute crafty love? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Entering your office will be a happy experience.
    Gayla

    ReplyDelete