Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Prayers Covering Us

One more little step complete...we sent in our adoption agreement today. Even though it's just a little thing, it's one step closer to our babies!!

I just thought I'd say a word on prayer through this journey and how the outpouring of prayerful support has been surrounding us on all sides. I have always considered myself a prayer warrior. I love to pray for anyone and everyone. It occurred to me in the last year or two that praying for someone is awesome, praying with someone is even better, but praying over someone about a particularly pressing or hard situation is the BEST!! I love to see how God lifts burdens off shoulders and allows Jesus to carry them when we ask Him!

I also know that people have prayed for me and my family about several things in the past, and I have even seen personal medical miracles (i.e. Camden's vanished hip dysplasia...Praise Jesus!), but I can honestly say that this journey is probably covered in more prayers than any other I've ever been on! For example, in the last two days, I can think of at least 5 people who either texted, E-mailed, called me, or sent me a facebook message to say that they were thinking about us and praying for us. I even had one sweet friend (who I hadn't had a chance to talk to about the adoption) come into my school, up the stairs, into my office to listen to my story and pray with me on the spot! It was awesome and so powerful! *Thanks, Chelle...praying for you too, my friend!

Something else that is amazing is that some of these were people I've never met before. They were friends of friends that had heard about this calling in our hearts and wanted to be obedient in praying for us. Now that's some powerful stuff!

I read a blog post today that scared and energized me all at the same time...
http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/08/spiritual-attack-for-those-who-adopt.html
I think it's so true, but, honestly, people, we haven't encountered it *YET*, but I'll betcha it's coming! So, to make a long story short,

KEEP EM COMING!!
We SO appreciate them. and need them. and are feeling them. :)
Love you all!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment